As an entrepreneur, you understand that efficiency is a key to success—especially when resources like time and money are tight. You may not realize, however, just how much network technology (from your phone system to your routers and switches) can have an impact. Here are five tips for using network technology to help your business work more efficiently, cut costs, improve customer satisfaction, and stay ahead of the competition.
1. Don’t underestimate the importance of having secure, consistent access to your network. A reliable network based on intelligent routers and switches lets you and your employees access the information and tools needed to keep up with the pace of business. Downtime costs money.
2. Make it easy to work anywhere. To stay productive on the move, you and your employees need to be able to reach whatever information is needed—anywhere, anytime. Cloud computing is an excellent way to enable work to continue from outside the office, and still enjoy safe access to the business network.
3. Make it easy to work together. Seamless collaboration between employees, partners, suppliers, and customers is a great way to boost efficiency while also reducing costs. An intelligent network lets your business take advantage of interactive calendaring, videoconferencing, unified communications, and other technologies for easy collaboration.
4. Enable employees to take their phone systems wherever they go. With a networked voice and data solution, you and your employees can have one phone number that rings simultaneously on multiple devices, so customers reach the right person the first time. It’s also possible to access all communications from anywhere, checking for e-mail, voicemail, and faxes from just one inbox.
5. Make sure your technology fits your needs. Whether you have one employee or a hundred, you need a technology solution that suits your business. Find one that can be customized for you, rather than getting too much or too little from a one-size-fits-not-quite-everybody option.
Do you want to solve your IT challenges without recruiting an IT team? Do you want a simplified approach to your communications needs? The Cisco Entrepreneur Xperience solution features everything you need to get your business communicating, collaborating, and connected. Customized for your business size and needs, the product bundle is simple to deploy and cost-effective. Fill in this quick form to receive more information on this “Office in a Box” offer.